Carnelian Meaning – The Artist Stone – Crystal Meanings and Uses
Carnelian Meaning: Carnelian, like its bold fiery color suggest, is a stone that can embolden the holder and boost their courage and stamina. Carnelian is the birthstone of August, has the ability to enhance passion and power, and is usually worn for an increase of confidence. For singers, Carnelian can also help elucidate the voice, and it also helps boost creativity, which it is sometimes called, “The Artists Stone.” The name carnelian comes from the Latin word for “flesh,” as its orange hues sometimes suggest this color. It is aligned with the Sacral and Root chakra, and can be used to enhance the sexual experience as well as for matter regarding pregnancy and conceiving. Carnelian also has the ability to protect. Ancient Egyptians would bury their nobles with carnelian in order to extend them protection into the afterlife.
Carnelian is a stone of action, one that can help the wearer gain confidence and more clearly actualize and achieve their goals or take on large projects. Its energies lend itself to vitality and strength, and can help guide your actions and decisions. Wear carnelian when looking for a little extra motivation and concentration, or when making an important life choice. In the workplace Carnelian is the perfect companion, as it goes hand in hand with ambition and drive, while making it easier to handle the burden of pressure. Carnelian has very effective energies when it comes to the physical body, so athletes might find incentive to wear carnelian, as it can raise endurance levels and balance the body’s energy.
Among some of its healing properties, Carnelian can help with digestion issues, menstrual pains, and help improve the metabolism. Please note that this information is not a substitute for medical advice, and you should consult your doctor before using crystals for healing.
Carnelian Frequently Asked Questions
- What does a carnelian stone look like?
- Carnelian is a reddish-brown, semi-transparent stone. It is an orange version of Chalcedony. Carnelian can also be found in colors such as pinkish-orange and ruddy brown.
- Where does carnelian stone come from?
- Because carnelian is a member of the quartz family, and quartz is found all over the world, so is carnelian. However, most prominently carnelian is harvested from areas in India, Japan, and Brazil.
- What is carnelian stone used for?
- Carnelian is a stone of action, one that can help the wearer gain confidence and more clearly actualize and achieve their goals or take on large projects. Its energies lend itself to vitality and strength, and can help guide your actions and decisions.
- Vaults, Crystal. Carnelian meanings and uses. 2009. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.
- “Carnelian stones for motivation, clarification & action.” Healing Crystals For You.com, 2009. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.
- “Gemstone meanings: Beauty, power and more.” Gemstones Advisor, 2016. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.
| Carnelian Meaning | Carnelian Chakra | Carnelian Healing Properties | Carnelian Benefits | Carnelian Uses | Carnelian Healing | Carnelian Stone Benefits | What does a Carnelian Stone Look Like | Where does Carnelian Stone come From | What is Carnelian Stone used for |