The Magic of Carnelian Stone
Carnelian, as its bold fiery color suggest, is a stone that can embolden the holder and boost their courage and stamina. Carnelian is the birthstone of August, has the ability to enhance passion and power, and is usually worn to increase confidence. For singers, Carnelian can also help elucidate the voice, and it also helps boost creativity, which is why it is sometimes called “The Artist’s Stone.”
The name carnelian comes from the Latin word for “flesh,” as its orange hues sometimes suggest this color. It is aligned with the Sacral and Root chakra, and can be used to enhance the sexual experience as well as for matters regarding pregnancy and conceiving. Carnelian also has the ability to protect. Ancient Egyptians would bury their nobles with carnelian in order to extend their protection into the afterlife.
Carnelian is a stone of action, one that can help the wearer gain confidence and more clearly actualize and achieve their goals or take on large projects. Its energies lend themselves to vitality and strength and can help guide your actions and decisions. Wear carnelian when looking for a little extra motivation and concentration, or when making an important life choice.
In the workplace, Carnelian is the perfect companion, as it goes hand in hand with ambition and motivation while making it easier to handle the burden of pressure. Carnelian has very effective energies when it comes to the physical body, so athletes might find an incentive to wear carnelian, as it can raise endurance levels and balance the body’s energy.*
Among some of its healing properties, Carnelian can help with digestion issues, and menstrual pains and help improve metabolism.*
Carnelian Frequently Asked Questions
- What does a carnelian stone look like?
- Carnelian is a reddish-brown, semi-transparent stone. It is an orange version of Chalcedony. Carnelian can also be found in colors such as pinkish-orange and ruddy brown.
- Where does the carnelian stone come from?
- Because carnelian is a member of the quartz family, and quartz is found all over the world, so is carnelian. However, most prominently carnelian is harvested from areas in India, Japan, and Brazil.
- What is carnelian stone used for?
- Carnelian is a stone of action, one that can help the wearer gain confidence and more clearly actualize and achieve their goals or take on large projects. Its energies lend themselves to vitality and strength and can help guide your actions and decisions.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy, or content.