The Magic of Emerald
Emerald is considered the “Stone of Successful Love,” and its meaning is found in the energy it has to help strengthen compassion, unity, friendship, and unconditional love. The name Emerald was first translated from the Sanskrit word Marakata, which means “the green of growing things.
The Greeks also used the word smaragdus meaning “green” to describe the gem. Emerald symbolizes growth and abundance. In Ancient Egypt, emerald was connected to Isis and worn to prevent miscarriages and ease childbirth.
Five Magical Ways to Use Emerald Stone
- Emerald is also referred to as “The Poet’s Stone,” as it is considered a source of creativity and inspiration.
- Use emerald stone to help with clarity of mind and thought to express oneself better.
- Emerald is often used to strengthen marriage and fidelity, and it can balance physical and emotional desires. Emerald can help fortify patience, revitalize the spirit, and is a great stone when trying to sustain marital bliss and contentment in relationships.
- Carrying emerald can also help spark passion and give the motivation to sustain a job, a relationship, or a goal.
- Emerald has great benefits for the mental faculties and helps with memory retention.
The Healing Power of Emerald Stone*
- Emerald is also used to heal from past wounds and traumas, as it can help one find forgiveness and hope.
- It is believed that Emerald can help heal blood issues and epilepsy.
- Using emerald can also balance emotions and alleviate depression.
- Emerald is connected to pancreatic and digestive health and is said to help with sleeplessness and nightmares.
- Emerald is known to help appease the appetite and slow aging.
- Use emerald around tired eyes to give them a lift, and it can even help improve eyesight.
- It is believed that emeralds can help make childbirth easier and result in fewer complications.
The Metaphysics of Emerald Stone
Emerald can also help with psychic and intuitive pursuits, and raid psychic awareness and spiritual consciousness. It is especially potent for clairvoyants and is said to be the stone that can “grant all knowledge of past, present, and future. Emerald can help stimulate prophetic dreams and aid with prophecy.
Emerald stone is also believed to shield one from a lover’s unfaithfulness. There is an old folk tale that if your lover is faithful, emerald will glow bright green, but if not it will change color. Among emerald’s metaphysical properties is also its ability to change negative energy into positive.
Emerald and the Chakra
Emerald is associated with the Heart Chakra and Solar Plexus Chakra. The Heart Chakra is the healing center of your body, and love and forgiveness go a long way in helping heal past sorrows. It is the chakra of connection.
When the Heart Chakra is open, you will find that you are open, receptive, and connected to the world around you and the ones you love. The Solar Plexus Chakra is where our sense of purpose originates, and at the heart of our self-esteem.
Interesting Facts About Emerald Stone
- Emerald is a hard stone, ranking 7.5-8 on the Mohs scale, but despite its hardness, it can be easily chipped or scratched. This is due to the inclusions usually found in emeralds that contribute to their fragility.
- It is very rare that you’ll find an emerald stone that does not contain inclusions; in fact, a fake emerald is easily spotted for its lack of flaws.
- Emerald is usually found alongside other gems, most commonly quartz.
- Of the four globally recognized precious stones, emerald is one of them, the others being rubies, sapphires, and diamonds.
- While emerald is found all over the world, Colombia is the world’s biggest emerald producer.
Emerald Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you scratch a real emerald?
- While emerald is typically a hard stone, ranking 7.5-8 on the Mohs hardness scale, emerald can still be chipped, scratched, or cracked rather easily. The inclusions within emerald contribute to its fragility.
- What is the use of emeralds?
- Emerald can help fortify patience, revitalize the spirit, and is a great stone when trying to sustain marital bliss and contentment in relationships. It can also help spark passion and give the motivation to sustain a job, a relationship, or a goal.
- What is the meaning of the emerald birthstone?
- Emerald is May’s birthstone, and it symbolizes rebirth, good fortune, and youth.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy, or content.