The Metaphysics of Red Jasper
Red Jasper is the sacred Nurturer’s stone. The Native Americans revered it as the blood of Mother Earth herself and would channel its energies and connection to the earth to call down rain and search for bodies of water. In Ancient Egypt, women would were red jasper in amulets, in hopes that its energies would protect them and bestow them with grace and beauty.
Warriors of old would carry the stone to boost their fortitude, courage, and stamina, and also to beseech its protective powers in battle. More contemporarily, actors even appreciate the luck Red Jasper can bring them in their pursuits of fame and fortune.
Red Jasper for Courage
Use Red Jasper to embolden and strengthen courage. Red Jasper Stone can bolster fortitude and confidence as well, which makes it handy when needing to settle upon an important decision, or when trying to overcome a daunting obstacle.
Quelling Anxiety with Red Jasper
Red Jasper’s energy travels straight to the root and core of the body and soul to nurture and stabilize it. It can still the mind and body, giving foundation in the midst of storms. Red Jasper can quell the rising tides of anxiety and protect against nightmares and the fears and evils of the night, which makes it a comforting snuggle-buddy for children!
Red Jasper, Sexuality and Fertility
Red Jasper’s energy can rouse the Kundalini and help it rise. In the realm of sensuality and sexuality, red jasper can ignite passions, enhance sensitivity and extend sexual pleasure. Red Jasper stone is “The Rain Bringer” and the blessed vitality of Mother Earth. Petition its power when in need of assistance regarding matters of fertility and conception.
Handling Legal Issues with Red Jasper
Red Jasper stone’s energy seeks truth, fairness, and justice, so employ its energies when dealing with legal matters, or when desiring to correct an unjust situation.
The Protection and Comfort of Red Jasper
While all varieties of Jasper have nurturing energy, Red Jasper is the most potent and very protective. It is often a very treasured tool in a crystal healer’s arsenal, providing comfort and support to those in need.
The Healing Power of Red Jasper*
- Red Jasper’s healing energy works slowly and steadily to help with overall healing. Because of this, it is invaluable to have nearby when dealing with a prolonged illness.
- Red Jasper Stone can help regulate the metabolism and increase overall vitality.
- Red Jasper’s healing energy tends to centralize itself around the lower abdomen and pelvic area, and by extension can help with kidney and bladder disorders.
- Allow Red Jasper’s deep, crimson hue to be a reminder that it also has power concerning issues with the blood as well. It can stabilize the circulatory system, and help leverage blood disorders such as anemia. It is even believed that Red Jasper can stall wounds.
- Some crystal healers believe that Red Jasper’s has the ability to restore the sense of smell.
See the Video: The Nurturer’s Stone: Red Jasper Meaning and Uses
Red Jasper Stone and the Root Chakra
Red Jasper aligns its energies with the Root Chakra or Muladhara. The Root Chakra, just like Red Jasper, is connected to Mother Earth. It ground and stabilizes, and is the base of all other chakras.
It is also the chakra from which the Kundalini begins its ascent. All basic needs are met through the Muladhara – food, shelter, safety, and emotional needs. The Root Chakra is deeply connected to the Earth’s primal energies.
Red Jasper Frequently Asked Questions
- What is red jasper stone?
- Red Jasper is a stabilizing stone, helping to keep us steady in the midst of difficulties. When raising the kundalini, red jasper is a suitable companion, and in terms of heightening the sexual experience, red jasper can also be helpful, as it can extend sexual pleasure.
- What is jasper stone used for?
- Red Jasper is used for balancing the root chakra and is also used to help heighten the sexual experience, bring the wearer courage, and deal with sexual trauma, among other uses.
Interesting Facts About Red Jasper Stone
- Red Jasper is of relative hardiness and sturdiness, registering 6.5-7 on the Mohs scale.
- Red Jasper Stone can be found in the westernmost areas of the United States, such as California and Oregon.
- Massachusetts celebrates Red Jasper as its official state stone.
- Red Jasper is a variety of Chalcedony, and is also known by the name “Imperial Red Jasper.”
- Jaspers can be found in a variety of colors, from green to yellow and even purple.
- Sometimes Red Jasper contains other organic materials and mineral oxides. These can lead to unique and interesting formations within the stone that sometimes appear like mountainous sceneries or valleys. These stones, popularly called “picture jasper,” are formed from petrified mud that slips its way into gas pockets of molten lava. The mud becomes superheated and when it solidifies it can make for some quite unusual and tantalizing patterns.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy, or content.