A Magical Wedding Gift: Marriage Blessing Spell
A happy couple that you know is getting married. You want to give them an appropriate gift that expresses your happiness and joy for their nuptials…but what do you give them? A toaster or some other housewarming-type present is traditional…but overdone.
However, as a witch and a magic user, you have the power to give them something truly special – a proper and powerful blessing! We will provide you with a simple yet potent marriage blessing spell that you can use to extend your well-wishes to the soon-to-be newlyweds.
Understanding the Magic: Harnessing the Power of Oranges
We wanted to create a spell using the power of oranges that catered to the more positive side of magic. So many spells focus in on energies that are not conducive to the well-being of the caster or the recipient.
For instance, doing a basic search for marriage spells online will yield spells to break up a couple or force a proposal. These objectives do not yield beneficial results. However, blessings are innocuous and do well to perpetuate positive energies in a world that is very much in need of it. As witches, let’s be part of the solution, not the problem. After all, with great power comes great responsibility.
Shop Related Products
In addition, Mother Nature provides us with so much power in her bounty. Oranges contain energies that are uplifting and energizing. They are closely linked with matrimony and happiness. According to mythology, Hera gave Gaea the gift of oranges when she was to be wed and orange blossom wreaths are a traditional and creative way to bless a married couple’s union.
We included sage in this spell to address the challenges that a married couple faces, and to provide an added layer of protection to the couple’s union, as well as provide a general blessing and invite the energies of prudence, temperance and wisdom that will help them overcome obstacles they will invariably face in their pursuit of love and happiness.
A Simple Marriage Blessing Spell
- 1 Orange
- Olive Oil (or any flammable natural oil)
- Sage (either 3 sage leaves or powdered sage will do)
- Cut an orange width-wise in half and remove the fruit from the peel while keeping the center stem intact (should create a natural "wick" with the center stem).
- Put a little olive oil in one of the of the halved peels, just enough to fill the orange while leaving a portion of the stem exposed for lighting.
- Take three sage leaves (if sage is powdered, three pinches) and sprinkle it into the oil of the orange candle while saying the following incantation:
- May they dance in the midst of storms, May their love be a brilliant light, May their union stand the test of time.
- Take a moment to imbue the candle with intent, concentrating on the couple and the energies you wish to bless them with (intimacy, prosperity, joy). Try to really connect your feelings, thoughts and energies to the point where you feel these sentiments within yourself.
- Light the candle to activate the spell.
You May Also Like...
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy or content.