The Magic of Cinnamon
There's something about the scent of cinnamon that warms our soul and ignites our passions. It is a powerful spice, much beloved by many cultures; from the Chinese who used it in healing rituals over 4,000 years ago, to the Egyptians who used it in the mummification mixture when burying their dead. Replete with the Sun's energy, cinnamon's magic lends itself well to spells and magical workings that deal with protection, prosperity and passion.
Central to cinnamon's magic is the energy of prosperity it draws upon. Cinnamon has the hallmark as a very valued and valuable spice, considered in the ancient world as a gift fit for monarchs and even the gods, such as Apollo. Spice traders sought to obscure the source of their cinnamon in mystery to keep a monopoly on this heavily prized spice, and even created myths around it to add to its allure, such as the island it hailed from being guarded by winged serpents.
You can take advantage of cinnamon's energy over prosperity by charging a cinnamon broom with the intent to draw prosperity and keeping it by your doorway or placing a few spare cinnamon sticks on the windowsills of your home. Add it to money sachets and mojo bags, or make an aromatic potpourri for the home by brewing it along with ginger and cloves to also draw prosperity. Consider the magic of cinnamon next time you have a financial matter you would like a measure of success in, like getting a job or landing a raise.
A nice money drawing spell, courtesy of Witchipedia.com: make a bowl out of cinnamon clay. Write the amount of money you need on a piece of paper and place the paper along with a few coins in the bowl. Once you receive the money, bury the coins and paper into the Earth. You can save the cinnamon bowl for future financial requests.
As spicy and sultry a spice cinnamon is, it should come as no surprise that it has applications to sexual and sensual energies. Cinnamon is believed to enhance the male libido. A cinnamon stick tucked away under the pillows can help get the fires of intimacy and passion going. Share a cinnamon-infused beverage or a dessert that includes cinnamon with the one you desire to help ignite sexual energies.
Cinnamon can be used for protection as well. Tie nine cinnamon sticks together and hang them over the doorway and placed cinnamon on the window sill to protect the home from unwanted guests and energies. It makes sense that cinnamon harbors protective energies. Something about the warm, inviting aroma of cinnamon reminds us of the comfort and cozy of home, where we feel safe.
Cinnamon is also connected to the Sun, a masculine force which lends cinnamon its protective energies. And while cinnamon sticks carry solar energies, the cinnamon tree is said to be of the moon, embodying lunar energies. Because of its lunar connection, cinnamon can help raise psychic, divinatory and clairvoyant energies.
Place some cinnamon sticks in the pouch you carry your Tarot deck in, or near your other divinatory tools, to raise their clairvoyant energy. You can also keep cinnamon on your altar or sacred space for this same effect.
Cinnamon has a very close association with Yule and the Winter season. Use it to decorate gifts, season beverages and dishes with it, or keep some on your altar space in celebration of this special time.
Shop: Inspired by Cinnamon
What are Your Thoughts on the Magic of Cinnamon?
What do you think about Cinnamon and its wonderful, magical properties? Do you have any other creative ideas on powerful ways to use this spice? Is there an herb or plant you would like us to discuss? What bring you to this article today? We'd love to hear from you!
You Might Also Like...
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy or content.
- Witchipdia.com. (2018). Cinnamon - Witchipedia. [online] Available at: http://www.witchipedia.com/herb:cinnamon [Accessed 5 Feb. 2018].
- Herbal Riot. (2018). Magickal Uses of Cinnamon. [online] Available at: http://herbalriot.tumblr.com/post/63074550314/magickal-uses-of-cinnamon [Accessed 5 Feb. 2018].
- moodymoons, V. (2018). 10 Magickal Uses for Cinnamon. [online] Moody Moons. Available at: https://moodymoons.com/2015/12/03/10-magickal-uses-for-cinnamon/ [Accessed 5 Feb. 2018].
- En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Cinnamon. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon [Accessed 5 Feb. 2018].
- Healthline. (2018). 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Cinnamon. [online] Available at: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-benefits-of-cinnamon [Accessed 5 Feb. 2018].
- WebMD. (2018). The Health Benefits of Cinnamon. [online] Available at: https://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-cinnamon [Accessed 27 Mar. 2018].
- Classroom.synonym.com. (2018). Magical Uses for Cinnamon Sticks | Synonym. [online] Available at: https://classroom.synonym.com/magical-uses-for-cinnamon-sticks-12081304.html [Accessed 27 Mar. 2018].