A Creamy Delight
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie with Almond Milk
This Orange Creamsicle Smoothie with Almond Milk recipe tastes just like a creamsicle! It is incredibly simple to make and requires very little ingredients. The key ingredient here is delicious vanilla almond milk, something I’ve grown quite fond of and was excited to learn was part of this smoothie. The almond milk coupled with fresh oranges leads to a smooth, delectable smoothie full of benefits for the health. Special thanks to Sarah at Making Thyme for Health for this wonderful recipe.
A Magickal Smoothie
The Magick of Orange
There is something about oranges that brightens our mood and enlivens us. Their color is so visually pleasing and expresses the power and healing energy packed just under the peel. Oranges are believed to enhance happiness, good fortune and luck. They are closely associated with joy, inspiration and sunlight, and their pleasant energy generates creativity and success.
You’ll enjoy the smooth, creamy texture of this Orange Creamsicle recipe. I suggest you freeze the oranges for about 3-4 hours before blending them with the almond milk, as this will ease the texture of the pulp and make this smoothie even more silky. And you might like to know that almond milk contains 50% more calcium than regular milk with zero fat and cholesterol which your body will enjoy.
5 Wonderful Benefits of Eating Oranges
Oranges contain amazing benefits for the health and well-being. And although the benefits of eating oranges are countless and deserve discussion all on their own, I want to make sure to share with you just some of the amazing healing powers of oranges.
- High in Vitamin C
- Oranges have a copious amount of vitamin. A single orange a day can fulfill 50% of your daily vitamin C requirement.
- Cancer Prevention
- Oranges contain vitamin A and B-complex which can help in the prevention of lung cancer.
- High in Antioxidants
- Oranges contain over 60 flavanoids and over 170 phytochemicals which together work to provide a strong defense against inflammation and disease.
- Beta-carotene protects skin for damage and keeps it youthful, and can also be found in oranges.
- A Glass a Day
- Drinking just a single glass of orange juice a day can lower the risk of arthritis provide an excellent boost to the immune system.
- 3 Whole Oranges, frozen and peeled
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Peel oranges and place them in a container or plastic bag, then freeze them for 3-4 hours.
- Defrost oranges at room temperature for 20 minutes or until soft enough to blend.
- Combine oranges and almond milk in a blender and process on high for 1-2 minutes or until creamy.
- Chill for 1 hour, serve, and enjoy!
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- Special Thanks to Making Thyme for Health for this wonderful and magical recipe!
You Might Also Like....
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy or content.