Manipura | The Solar Plexus Chakra | Chakra Meanings
The solar plexus chakra, or Manipura, is located as the name implies at the solar plexus, around the navel and up to the breastbone. It is the chakra where our sense of purpose originates, and at the heart of our self-esteem. Those with a balanced manipura feel more confident and have an easier time making decisions. They often find their willpower is strong, and are quite disciplined. The solar chakra is also responsible for our psychic experiences and rules our intuition, and it regulates our digestion and metabolism as well.
Imbalances in this chakra can lead to low self-esteem and indecision. To help balance this chakra, set goals and work towards actualizing them. The more steps we make towards progressing on those goals, the stronger the solar chakra becomes. Consult your solar chakra when you are having a hard time making a decision, and listen to your gut feeling, as your solar chakra is where your gut feeling comes from. Your manipura can help you arrive at the right decision – if it feels wrong in your gut, it probably isn’t the best course of action, but if it leaves you feeling relieved and refreshed, it is the way you should go. Taking care of your digestive health will also strengthen this chakra.
The seed mantra for this chakra is RAM, and the color is bright yellow. Yellow is associated with mental powers, divination, and wisdom. Yellow also helps uplift and promotes positivity, and is associated with intellect. Picturing the color yellow and eating yellow fruit or vegetables can help strengthen this chakra, as high-fiber foods as they help the digestive system.
Crystals like yellow tourmaline and citrine will also help strengthen the solar chakra. Yellow tourmaline can help motivate action and strengthen personal power, and citrine can help transform negative thoughts into positive ones.
Manipura Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
- The solar plexus chakra, orManipura, is located as the name implies at the solar plexus, around the navel and up to the breastbone.
- What is the Manipura Chakra?
- The Manipura Chakra is the chakra where our sense of purpose originates, and at the heart of our self-esteem. Those with a balanced manipura feel more confident and have an easier time making decisions.
- “Find Power and Warrior Energy in Your Third Chakra.” Chopra Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Aug. 2016.
- “Balancing the Manipura or Solar-plexus Chakra | OWH.” One World Healing. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Aug. 2016.
- “Color Wheel Pro – See Color Theory in Action.” Color Wheel Pro: Color Meaning. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Aug. 2016.
- “Tourmaline – All Colours – Crystal Healing Explanations and Meanings.” Tourmaline All Colours – Crystal Healing Explanations and Meanings. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Aug. 2016.
- “Citrine Meanings and Uses.” Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Aug. 2016.
| Manipura | Manipura Chakra | Manipura Meaning | Solar Plexus Chakra | Solar Plexus Meaning | Solar Plexus Wiki | Solar Plexus Chakra Meaning | Where is the Solar Plexus Chakra? | What is the Manipura Chakra? |