Ajna | Third Eye Chakra | Chakra Meanings
The third eye chakra, or Ajna, is located at the brow and in the brain. Ajna means “beyond wisdom,” and is the chakra that empowers our intuition and imagination. This is the chakra of intuition and spiritual insight, giving us vision into the inner world and helping us to see the outer world more clearly. It allows us to see past illusion and access the depths of truth, and it is the seat of wisdom and conscience. The Ajna allows us to view ourselves and our circumstances as an observer – seeing them from the outside to be able to better glean the wisdom we must from certain situations – and transcend the limitations of good and bad to see the full picture more clearly. Our sense of morality and ethics comes from the third eye chakra, and it is also the chakra that guides our “sixth sense.”
An imbalanced Ajna can lead to a loss of direction in life. It becomes hard to trust our intuition and our inner voice. It can also lead to difficulty sleeping, and frequent illness, as the third eye chakra governs the pituitary gland. Nightmares can become prevalent, as well as migraines. In order to strengthen your third eye chakra, learn to trust your intuition. If you make a choice based off your intuition, and the choice proves to be correct, make sure to write it down to affirm your third eye. Meditation is also a powerful way to unblock the third eye chakra. Once the third eye chakra is starting to clear, you may feel a tingling sensation in your forehead, and notice that the path you must take through certain situations becomes clearer. Your intuition starts to become heightened, and you third eye more active.
The third eye chakra is indigo, and the seed mantra is SHAM. Amethyst and lapis lazuli can help strengthen this chakra.
Third Eye Chakra Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the sixth chakra?
- The sixth chakra is the Third Eye Chakra, and the chakra of intuition and spiritual insight, giving us vision into the inner world and helping us to see the outer world more clearly. It allows us to see past illusion and access the depths of truth, and it is the seat of wisdom and conscience.
- What is the Ajna Chakra?
- Ajna means “beyond wisdom,” and is the name for the Third Eye chakra that empowers our intuition and imagination.
- What color is your third eye chakra?
- The Third Eye Chakra is indigo.
- “Third Eye Chakra – Ajna.” Chakra Anatomy. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Aug. 2016.
- “Trust Your Intuition With the Sixth Chakra.” Chopra Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Aug. 2016.
- “Third Eye Chakra Blockage.” RSS2. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Aug. 2016.
| Ajna Chakra | Ajna Chakra Meaning | Third Eye Chakra | Third Eye Chakra Meaning | What is the Third Eye Chakra | Ajna Meaning | Chakra Ajna | What is the Sixth Chakra? | What is the Ajna Chakra? | What Color is Your Third Eye Chakra? |